Capitol Hil Community Centre, 1531 21 Avenue NW
Per the Bylaws of Capitol Hill Community Association Society #50001623, last amended February 20, 2012, Bylaw 9.2, a Special General Meeting has been called, by receipt of a petition signed by one quarter of the members in good standing with voting privileges of Capitol Hill Community Association.
The reasons for calling the Special General Meeting:
1. Per Bylaw 10.5, any member who wishes to be on the Board of Directors must be a family or individual member in good standing for a period of one (1) year. If any affiliate members wish to be on the Board of Directors he must be a member in good standing for a period of two (2) consecutive years. Two members were elected to the Board of Directors at the June 09, 2013 AGM and were not members in good standing for one year within the community, at the time of their nominations.
2. Due to the resignation of the President, First Vice President, Second Vice President and Treasurer, on October 20, 2013.
At this special meeting, members will be electing a new Board of Directors.
If you hold a Family or Individual membership and have held your membership for 45 days prior to December 3, you have voting privileges.
If you hold an Affiliate membership (do not reside within the boundaries of Capitol Hill Community) and wish to vote, you can apply to the Board of Directors to obtain voting privileges in either of the following manners:
1) Be an Affiliate member for 2 years and then apply to the board of directors for voting privileges (the majority of the board must approve); or
2) Be an Affiliate member for less than 2 years and apply to the board for voting privileges, in which case 75% of the board must approve the application.
3) In either case, if you are an Affiliate member and wish to have voting privileges at the Special General meeting, please submit in writing or by email a request to the Board by Friday November 29. The Board will provide notice of the status of your voting privileges in advance of the Special General Meeting. You can deliver your application to:
1531 21 Avenue NW, Calgary, AB T2LM 1L9
Any member who wishes to be on the Board of Directors must be a family or individual member in good standing for a period of one (1) year. Any affiliate members whom wishes to be on the Board of Directors must be a member in good standing for a period of two (2) consecutive years.
Verification of memberships for voting privileges, to commence at 6:00 p.m. A driver’s licence or another form of government identification showing current address is required.
Please consider this 21 days notice of a Special General Meeting to be held Tuesday, December 03rd, 2013, 7:00 pm, at Capitol Hill Community Association Hall, located at 1531 – 21 Avenue N.W.
Capitol Hill Community Association