The Capitol Hill Community Association is looking to fulfill the volunteer position of Treasurer. General responsibilities of the Treasurer include:
- Gives a report to the board on the financial state of the Community Association at the monthly Board meetings.
- Acts as signing officer, with another officer, for cheques and other documents.
- Keep accurate financial records for the Association;
- Deposit money, drafts, and checks in the name of the Association and to the credit of the Association in the banks and depositories designated by the board;
- Endorse for deposit notes, checks, and drafts received by the Association as ordered by the board, making proper vouchers for the deposit;
- Disburse Association funds and issue checks and drafts in the name of the Association as ordered by the board;
- Upon request, provide the President and the Board an account of transactions by the treasurer and of the financial condition of the Association;
- Issues cheques for all invoices.
- Enters all transactions in the journal and balances monthly.
- Prepare and present an annual report at the annual general meeting.
The Treasurer must hold a Capitol Hill Community Association membership, and an Accounting designation or background is preferred.
To apply, please submit resume to caphillpresident[at]gmail.com prior to January 14.