The Capitol Hill Community Association is looking for a Treasurer.
The volunteer Treasurer position sits on the Executive Committee on the Board of the Association and is responsible for the financial management of the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Working with and overseeing book keeper to ensure all funds paid to CHCA are deposited in a timely basis to the appropriate CHCA bank account, ensuring timely payment of invoices, and verifying validity of expenses paid.
- Developing and presenting monthly financial reports to the Board.
- Ensuring yearly audited statement of the financial position of CHCA is prepared, and presenting this at the AGM.
- Working with Fund Developer to prepare grant reconciliation(s).
- Preparing, or facilitating the preparation of an annual budget, as well as regularly monitoring and comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against such budget.
- Ensuring the CHCA is in compliance with all regulatory legislation.
- Experience in accounting is an asset, but not required.
If you are interested in joining our Board to sit as Treasurer, please send an email to Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking to fulfill this position asap so that our current treasurer, who is moving to a different city, can orientate you.
It is a great way to contribute to the success of your Community Association as well as get to meet some fantastic neighbours!