- Presides at all meetings of the Association, and shall be an ex-officio member of all committees and boards.
- Prepare with the Secretary, all Executive and Board agendas.
- Is the official spokesman for the Association and be the primary signing authority for the Association.
- Coordinates the overall functioning of the Board and delegate duties accordingly.
- Supervises, coordinates, and mediates the business of the Board.
- Chairs all meetings of the Board, the Executive Committee, when present and able to do so.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Board.
- Acts in the absence of the President/Chairperson.
- Assists President whenever possible.
- Is familiar with all committee members and their duties.
- Acts as a signing officer for cheques and other documents.
- Other special duties by interest or assignment.
- Keeps copies of the bylaws, minutes and other documents and lists of Directors, committees and general membership.
- Notifies board members of meetings and includes agenda, noting items that need special preparation.
- Records all minutes during board and general meetings.
- Files correspondence.
- Ensures there is a quorum.
- Records all motions and decisions of meetings.
- Distributes copies of minutes to directors and posts minutes online after meetings (and at least 10 days before the next meeting).
- Maintain and monitor a calendar of important dates for the association such as grant filing dates, audit dates, etc.
- Maintain the records of the staff person including contracts, benefits, evaluations, etc.
- Notifies members of Special General Meetings and AGM.
- Files the annual return, amendments to the bylaws and other incorporating documents with the Corporate Registry.
- Ensures all funds paid to CHCA are deposited in a timely basis to the appropriate CHCA bank account
- Presentation of financial monthly report to the Board, including income statement (revenues and expenses) and bank reconciliations
- Manages payments from restricted and unrestricted funds dependant on type of expenditure
- Ensures timely payment of invoices and verify validity of expenses paid.
- Ensures audited statement of the financial position of CHCA is prepared and presented to the AGM
- Prepares the membership list and updates records.
- Manages annual recruitment drive.
- Recruits and supervises volunteer canvassers.
- Reviews and prepares policy and procedures with respect to membership.
- Recommends fee structure to the Board
- Recommends strategies to increase membership.
- Manages and updates the website, and social media accounts.
- Manages all aspects of other communication tools such as bulletins or news releases.
- Manages all aspects of the production and distribution of the e-newsletter.
- Manages appropriate advertising for the Association.
- Works with Program Director and others as required to promote events and initiatives.
Building Maintenance Director:
- Establishes weekly, monthly, and annual maintenance plans for the building.
- Reviews condition of facilities.
- Supervises building maintenance and repair.
- Maintains up-to-date building maintenance records.
- Advises Association on maintenance and upgrades.
- Obtains estimates for maintenance, repair and upgrade work.
- Reviews the Life-cycle Report monthly.
- Recommends upgrades to all facilities as required.
- Recommends grant opportunity with quotes to the Fundraising Director and Board.
Planning and Development Director:
- Chairs the committee for planning, and land use.
- Committee reviews all development permit and subdivision applications and provides comments to the City.
- Chairs community workshops if required for development initiatives
- Attends community board meetings and reports on committee activities
- Represents community to the City and to other communities regarding development matters
Transportation and Pedestrian Safety Director:.
- Chairs community workshops if required for traffic and pedestrian safety initiatives
- Attends community board meetings and reports on traffic and pedestrian safety activities
- Represents community to the City and to other communities regarding traffic matters
- Applies for grants for community projects and enhancement
- Applies for grants and permits to run gaming events such as casinos
- Prepares written reports on gaming events and submits the reports to Gaming Authorities.
- Helps recruit volunteer workers.
- Recommends fundraising opportunities after determining all associated costs.
- Maintains financial records for fundraising activities.
- Applies for licenses for fundraising activities.
- Establish an annual plan for fundraising.
- Works with the City Recreation Department
- Prepares and reviews policy and procedures related to programs.
- Determines which programs will be offered to the community, then arranges for instructors and books time slots.
- Applies for grants for programs.
- Determine registrations fees and arranges registrations.
- Prepares budget and financial reports for the treasurer.
- Arranges payments to instructors, keeps appropriate records.
- Arranges access to the facilities used.
Special Events Director:
- Design yearly schedule of events and quote budget for these events.
- Align the hall bookings for events with Facility Manager.
- Coordinates with Communications Director the advertising of events.
- Recruits volunteers to plan and execute the special events.