The Capitol Hill Community Association is looking for a Treasurer.
The volunteer Treasurer position sits on the Executive Committee on the Board of the Association and is responsible for the financial management of the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Working with and overseeing book keeper to ensure all funds paid to CHCA are deposited in a timely basis to the appropriate CHCA bank account, ensuring timely payment of invoices, and verifying validity of expenses paid.
- Developing and presenting monthly financial reports to the Board.
- Ensuring yearly audited statement of the financial position of CHCA is prepared, and presenting this at the AGM.
- Working with Fund Developer to prepare grant reconciliation(s).
- Preparing, or facilitating the preparation of an annual budget, as well as regularly monitoring and comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against such budget.
- Ensuring the CHCA is in compliance with all regulatory legislation.
- Experience in accounting is an asset, but not required.
If you are interested in joining our Board to sit as Treasurer, please send an email to Jessica at email@example.com. We are looking to fulfill this position asap so that our current treasurer, who is moving to a different city, can orientate you.
It is a great way to contribute to the success of your Community Association as well as get to meet some fantastic neighbours!
Join us to celebrate Neighbourday!
WE NEED YOU!
We are actively recruiting for Neighbour Day Party on June 17th.
Below are some of the volunteer opportunities to make this an amazing event!
- Set-up & Clean up Crew
- Event Captains: Help neighbours learn about the day’s events
- Stage Helpers: Assist the amazing acts set-up and perform
- Activity Leaders: Host one of the many fun activities
Sign up here!
Are you a local business that would like to showcase your goods and services to Capitol Hill residents? Get more information on how your business or organization can participate at the Neighbourday Party here.
Show your community spirit by literally wearing your pride on your sleeve. We are accepting pre-orders for the 100% cotton shirts until May 25th, and they will be ready by Neighbourday, June 17th. More details and pre-order form here.
Capitol Hill School is spearheading the first Geodesic Dome Greenhouse in Calgary! Students, teachers, and community members look forward to sharing and learning in this year round growing space, a part of the school’s environmental education curriculum.
They are super close to our fundraising goal… Let’s gather together and co-create a beautiful night of live music, art and community to help build Calgary’s Greenest Classroom!
LIVE CONCERT BY OQO: 7pm -9pm (with break mid-way)
ART created by the children of Capitol Hill will be on show and for sale as well as some original works of art by Amy Braun – Deseré Pressey – Tania Wildman (all proceeds going to the Geodome project)
ALL AGES EVENT
Tickets: $15/adult (children under 12 are free)
MORE ABOUT THE BAND:
OQO means balance. Formed in 2013 this acoustic duo (sometimes 5 piece band) writes and performs original works inspired by a diversity of influences including Eastern European, Roma and Latin American folk traditions as well as modern composers like Phillip Glass and Terry Riley. OQO creates honest art from the heart with Ian Griffiths on Accordion and Electronics, Jacques Mindreau on Violin and Vocals and Keith Rodger and Bass and Percussion.
WATCH THEM IN ACTION HERE
PLEASE SHARE & INVITE friends, family and community leaders!
More info on the Geodome & ways to support:
Check out some spring accessories from Velvet Jane this weekend. There will be scarves, hats, bags, jewellry, etc.
There’s a lot happening in May. Check out the latest newsletter!