September 18th is the deadline to purchase your 2017 membership if you want to join the Board at the AGM.
Notice is hereby given to all Members of the Capitol Hill Community Association that the following Special Resolutions will be made at the upcoming Annual General Meeting taking place on October 18th, 2017:
1) Be it resolved that Clause 2.1.17 of the By-Laws be deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following: “”Fiscal Year” means the twelve month period commencing on July 1st and ending on June 30th of a Calendar Year.”
2) Be it resolved that in order to transition to the change in Fiscal Year, the 2016 Fiscal Year will include January 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017.
Want to learn about how to be more energy efficient at home?
Capitol Hill Community Association is hosting a event for residents to learn the basics of Home Energy Efficiency. The workshop is being led by Joad Clément. The workshop is free to attend, but please register online here.
Are you decluttering or thinking about taking a load to the dump? On September 10, from 9am – 2pm, bring your junk to the Capitol Hill Community Centre to dispose of. Get together with your neighbours to clear your street/alleyways.
Volunteers needed, lunch provided.
Join our team!
Capitol Hill Community Association requires persons or a business to clean the Capitol Hill Community Centre on a contract basis. Preference will be given to those who live in or near the Capitol Hill Community as attendance at the community centre may need to be irregular, and frequent. The supply of cleaning provision and tools is negotiable. Please phone 403-289-0859, or text 403-245-4115 and leave a phone number, should you have an interest in being considered for this opportunity.
The Capitol Hill Community Association is looking for a Treasurer.
The volunteer Treasurer position sits on the Executive Committee on the Board of the Association and is responsible for the financial management of the organization. Responsibilities include:
- Working with and overseeing book keeper to ensure all funds paid to CHCA are deposited in a timely basis to the appropriate CHCA bank account, ensuring timely payment of invoices, and verifying validity of expenses paid.
- Developing and presenting monthly financial reports to the Board.
- Ensuring yearly audited statement of the financial position of CHCA is prepared, and presenting this at the AGM.
- Working with Fund Developer to prepare grant reconciliation(s).
- Preparing, or facilitating the preparation of an annual budget, as well as regularly monitoring and comparing the actual revenues and expenses incurred against such budget.
- Ensuring the CHCA is in compliance with all regulatory legislation.
- Experience in accounting is an asset, but not required.
If you are interested in joining our Board to sit as Treasurer, please send an email to Jessica at email@example.com. We are looking to fulfill this position asap so that our current treasurer, who is moving to a different city, can orientate you.
It is a great way to contribute to the success of your Community Association as well as get to meet some fantastic neighbours!
Join us to celebrate Neighbourday!
WE NEED YOU!
We are actively recruiting for Neighbour Day Party on June 17th.
Below are some of the volunteer opportunities to make this an amazing event!
- Set-up & Clean up Crew
- Event Captains: Help neighbours learn about the day’s events
- Stage Helpers: Assist the amazing acts set-up and perform
- Activity Leaders: Host one of the many fun activities
Sign up here!
Are you a local business that would like to showcase your goods and services to Capitol Hill residents? Get more information on how your business or organization can participate at the Neighbourday Party here.