Capitol Hil Community Centre, 1531 21 Avenue NW
Per the Bylaws of Capitol Hill Community Association Society #50001623, last amended February 20, 2012, Bylaw 9.2, a Special General Meeting has been called, by receipt of a petition signed by one quarter of the members in good standing with voting privileges of Capitol Hill Community Association.
The reasons for calling the Special General Meeting:
1. Per Bylaw 10.5, any member who wishes to be on the Board of Directors must be a family or individual member in good standing for a period of one (1) year. If any affiliate members wish to be on the Board of Directors he must be a member in good standing for a period of two (2) consecutive years. Two members were elected to the Board of Directors at the June 09, 2013 AGM and were not members in good standing for one year within the community, at the time of their nominations.
2. Due to the resignation of the President, First Vice President, Second Vice President and Treasurer, on October 20, 2013.
At this special meeting, members will be electing a new Board of Directors.
If you hold a Family or Individual membership and have held your membership for 45 days prior to December 3, you have voting privileges.
If you hold an Affiliate membership (do not reside within the boundaries of Capitol Hill Community) and wish to vote, you can apply to the Board of Directors to obtain voting privileges in either of the following manners:
1) Be an Affiliate member for 2 years and then apply to the board of directors for voting privileges (the majority of the board must approve); or
2) Be an Affiliate member for less than 2 years and apply to the board for voting privileges, in which case 75% of the board must approve the application.
3) In either case, if you are an Affiliate member and wish to have voting privileges at the Special General meeting, please submit in writing or by email a request to the Board by Friday November 29. The Board will provide notice of the status of your voting privileges in advance of the Special General Meeting. You can deliver your application to:
1531 21 Avenue NW, Calgary, AB T2LM 1L9
Any member who wishes to be on the Board of Directors must be a family or individual member in good standing for a period of one (1) year. Any affiliate members whom wishes to be on the Board of Directors must be a member in good standing for a period of two (2) consecutive years.
Verification of memberships for voting privileges, to commence at 6:00 p.m. A driver’s licence or another form of government identification showing current address is required.
Please consider this 21 days notice of a Special General Meeting to be held Tuesday, December 03rd, 2013, 7:00 pm, at Capitol Hill Community Association Hall, located at 1531 – 21 Avenue N.W.
Capitol Hill Community Association
Friday, December 13: 1pm-8pm
Capitol Hill Community Centre, 1531 -21 Avenue NW
You are invited to gather together with a community of caring volunteers in support of the LEGACY Project. Do you have time and energy to help provide food to families in need for the holidays? Please join us for a Friday afternoon and/or evening of lifting, sorting, packing and delivering food boxes. This is a family event. Volunteers of all ages are able to contribute. Children work best with the support and guidance of an adult. It is physical work and the boxes can be dirty. Please bring: thin work gloves, sturdy shoes and clothing you can get dirty.
Thirty-five volunteers are needed for the 1:00pm to 4:00pm and 5:00pm to 8:00pm shifts. Fifteen volunteers are needed for a shift from 4:30pm to 6:00pm at a second location nearby, 1005-17A St NW. Please feel free to sign up for one or two shifts.
We will order pizza for volunteers between 4:00pm and 5:00pm.
Cathy Byers, on behalf of the community of the LEGACY Project 403.923.0079
The LEGACY Project began in 2001 with one question in mind: “How do we leave a LEGACY in the hearts of others?” Rather than exchanging gifts during the holidays, family and friends, decided to pool their money to purchase non-perishables, fresh food and a turkey dinner for families in need during the holidays. Twelve years later, the LEGACY Project continues to be run by a group of friends who gather with a wider community of volunteers in November and December each year to touch the lives of families in need.
To date, the LEGACY Project has been able to support over 340 Calgary families. Families are referred to the project by youth serving agencies and/or individuals who have been a part of the project and know of other families in need. The LEGACY Project aspires to support the same families each year for as long as they are in need. Each year an average of three families tells us they are doing well and do not need our support. When resources permit, the project takes on new families.
Saturday, October 26, 7pm
Capitol Hill Community Centre – 1531 21 Avenue NW
$5/person. Everyone welcome. Community BBQ.
Aaron James and the Cultivators playing at 9pm.
Join us for an afternoon/evening of fun at the Banff Trail Community Centre. This is an open community event, and all are welcome. Dress up, come for some dancing and yummy food. Please bring a dish or treat to share for the potluck dinner. Due to allergies, please label your dish should it contain nuts or other common allergens.
Sunday, November 3, 3:30PM-8PM
Banff Trail Community Centre 2115 – 20th Avenue NW
Citizens’ Public School Board Trustee 5+10, 6+7, 8+9 Forum
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 7:00pm
Triwood Community Association Hall
2244 Chicoutimi Drive NW, Calgary
Presented by CivicCamp.
Ward 7 Councillor Candidates Forum
Wednesday October 16, 2013, 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Dalhousie Community Centre
5432 Dalhart Rd NW, Calgary
The Dalhousie Community Association will host an ALL-CANDIDATES FORUM for all candidates for Councillor in Ward 7.
Dalhousie Residents will have priority seating until 6:45 p.m.